Stroke Community

Minor Bleeder Stroke in Thalemus

Hi - I had a hemoragic stroke last weekend that was not a one side paralysis kind.  I was confused, had a hard time anwering questions. Within my head I had the same speed in answering as normal - but when I vocalized my answers it was a very slow response with lots of delays in between words.  

I do not have the risk factors for stroke, blood pressure consistently around 120/70, don't smoke, cholestoral is ok, don't drink more than a glass of red wine every now and then.  I have constant headaches now and need to nap off and on.  There are times when tears well up and I may shed a few tears (probably frustration about what happened and apprehension on how my work life will be affected.)  I am 53 years old and am hitting my professional stride.

The doctors said it looked like I had some abnormal blood vessels - cavernous and venious veins that bled.  Not sure about recovry and how long it will take me to get back to work and to continue doing well in my job.  Has anyone experience this type of stroke before where the risk factors were low and the damage was not typical?