Stroke Community

Pre stroke symptoms

My Mother is 95 years old and yesterday she felt weak all over for most of the day. This morning she arose, fed her cats and began to feel nauseated. She said she gagged until she felt like she wasn't going to be bale to breathe. Then she started getting over it and was able to call for help. Her blood pressure was normal and she just had a blood test and physical check up at the doctor's office 2 days before. She often has these weak spells and two doctors have said it was most likely caused by her advancing age. She takes a B-12 shot once a month and her blood test this week showed she did ned another one. My question is could this off and on weakness and the nausea today be symptoms of a possible on coming stroke?

How is your mother? It is good that her blood pressure and tests done were fine. Stroke symptoms typically start suddenly and in most cases do not progress. This could indeed be age-related, but if it persists, you may need to have this checked for proper management.

Take care and regards.