Stroke Community

Songbird731

Was admitted to hospital on 4/25/12 discharged 4/27/12, had Stroke like symptoms, had an MRI & CT Scan was compared to the stroke I had in 4/11. Neurologist saw added spots on my brain. With a diagnosis of me having mini strokes. I was admitted to hospital again 5/3/12 same symptoms occurring, dischared on 5/4/12,  Dr. is not sure exactly when the extra spots on the brain occured, saying the recent symptoms I am having could have resulted from mini strokes/silent strokes I had throughout the year.

I have lost a total of 42 LBS since the 4/25/12 hospitalization, I have no taste of food & drink. I force myself to eat, all food & drink taste bad, having no satisfying taste even my favorite foods. Drs. don't seem to be worried about that. Dr said it is not my taste buds  but the part of my brain that tells me to taste food is damaged. I am concerned due to the nutritional values being lost. I am obese. Was 422 LBs on 4/28/12, to date I am 390 LBS. WOULD A LIQUID SUPPLEMENT OR MULTI VITAMIN BENEFIT ME?

They are still trying to determine a diagnosis for the MS saying further evaluations are needed including another spinal tap.
Hi there!

Yes, you could take vitamin supplements, though it would be best to take a healthy balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables despite the loss of taste.
Hope this helps.

Take care!