Stroke Community

Stroke Problems years later

It's kind of a long story, but I am wondering if mental deficits and problems can appear years after a stroke. 6 years ago I had triplets, and immediately after the C-section I developed an internal infection that became septic. While being treated in the hospital I had an ischemic stroke. The left side of my body was paralyzed, and since I have regained most of my movement. I honestly can't remember if my brain was tested for damage or not. I only remember first being told the stroke was from the infection, then no, it's from the blood clot. For the first couple years, I do remember memory problems, sight trouble speaking and comprehending but at that point, I didn't care. I just focused on getting my body to heal and move so I could take care of my new babies.

So beginning two+ years ago, I have noticed I have bad short term memory loss, have a hard time comprehending, understanding, staying focused. I now have OCD, ADD, depression and severe anxiety. I have patience and anger problems and my IQ is not nearly what it used to be. I also get very lightheaded & have migraines often, lost when driving and have been in several vehicle accidents in the past couple years. I have had two nervous breakdowns in the past two years also.

I'm just wondering since everything is getting gradually worse, could it be from the original stroke, possibly mini strokes, or am I just going crazy?

I haven't been to the neurologist since the stroke but have an appointment next month.