Stroke Community

Stroke as a result of 3 brain masses discovered

My father just recently(7 days ago) suffered what they call a mild stroke.  It seems to affect his abilities to express himself in a coherent manner.  Some normal words, like "towel" he says "trees" instead, cannot remember the word "watch", and many other examples.

The doctors say that surgery to remove the 3 growths found in his brain via a MRI and CT scan, will "probably" correct this, but cautioned that this may not 100% make the problem go away.  

He seems to have all motor abilities, and has even been working out in our back yard doing gardening.  The only symptoms I see are the inabilities to express himself coherently, and a lot of frustration as a result of this.

My main concern is whether I should allow him to drive on the open road by himself.  The doctor didn't give a clear "yes" or "no" as to whether he should or not.  

If anyone can provide any encouragement or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
"
The doctor say "growth" which I unable to define if it's a blood clot or tumor.

Usually person with mild stroke should not drive cause he may get massive stroke anytime which will be in coma state.

If you want more info about stroke: http://www.stroke.org.uk

Anyway please call your family doctor about your doubt and watch out his diet closely.

Take care and warmest regards...aidle