My brother had a stroke in June 07 at the age of 28. Couple of questions with some points of history:
- Damage to L side of brain.
- Much of R side affected including speech.
- Positive note... he does comprehend, has decent hip control on R side which allows him to walk with brace/other aids, and has some R shoulder control.
- He is working hard on OT, PT, and speech and has shown some recovery... very slow, but it is there.
- Since it is now in the 7th month, can we expect that he can/will still improve (even if it is slow and assuming we are diligent about his therapy)? I have heard from some and read on this site that what happens in the first few months will provide insights for the future. I am really hoping that he continues to improve, even if it is slow.
- Can anyone share stories of young and healthy stroke victims recovering slowly over the years. I hope and pray that his youth and good health translate to better chances for long term progress?
- Last, they discovered just last week at outpatient therapy that his right hand reacts to vibrations. After using a vibrating machine on his R forearem, he is able to do some movements in his R wrist that he can not normally do. Can anyone share their thoughts on this. Is this good news or is this a common thing that is not necessarily good news???
I appreciate greatly. I really admire you all.