Aa
A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.21k Members

Suffered a TIA

I am a pretty healthy and active 70 year old, and have never suffered from headaches then about 12 weeks ago I caught a winter virus and  that left me with a headache that I experience only at night when I lie on my pillow every night without fail no medication could shift it, then I suffered 2 bad migraine headaches in one day later on the same day I had jumbled speech and I couldn't understand something I had written down I couldn't even read it and my husband could not understand what I was saying and neither did I although I knew something was going on and nodded when he suggested we go to hospital I was diagnosed with having a TIA the effect lasted about 30 minutes before it wore off, I was sent for MRI scans and blood tests and all came back normal my carotid ultrasound came back totally clear of any blockages and the nurse said it was the cleanest artery she had seen for a long time so why on earth did I have a TIA! and is it likely to repeat. I cant find anyone else who had the migraine attacks before the TIA so any help would be really appreciated as I just want to get to the bottom of it.
1 Responses
hello there, sorry for your experience. My husband was diagnosed with migraines 6 weeks before having a major stroke. They were in fact TIAs. If you haven't already..insist on seeing a neurologist and ensuring you are getting all the best stroke prevention treatments. Best wishes. mary
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease