Stroke Community

Symptoms and MRI

I am a recovering addict/alcoholic and relapsed recently. My last relapse, I believe I might have suffered a TIA, and had a CT scan afterwards coming up normal for my age 28.

This time around, the symptoms have lingered a lot longer (I think it might be because I was smoking a lot of cigarettes and pot when going through alcoholic withdrawals, stupid), so I'm not sure if I suffered a minor stroke or not, it's difficult to tell because the symptoms of withdrawal and a stroke can be similar.

If I suffered a minor stroke, will it show up in an MRI a few months from now? (I'm broke and can't afford one now).

My father had a hemorrhagic stroke from drinking and drugging when he was 36, you'd think I'd know better right...