Stroke Community

Vascular dementia and stroke

My 93-year-old mother had moderate dementia--apparently vascular--which I know makes stroke symptoms worse. She'd been taking Plavix and aspirin for blockage of the carotid artery and 2-3 noticeable TIAs about five years ago, plus one about 3 months ago. Three weeks ago she had a hemorrhagic intracranial stroke on the left side. Not paralyzed, but right arm out of control and waving about and hand grasping or hitting hard. Occasionally responds to a yes-no or simple question, but vocalizes a lot--repeats phrases and words, rhymes two words, and groans. Can't count or say the alphabet, but can do some spelling. Sleepy or semi-conscious.  Incontinent. Almost never able to respond to commands for therapy, but can stand up if she is in the mood. Quite strong grip. Questions:
1) The prognosis? (No need to mince words)
2) Is her extreme agitation--thrashing about, throwing legs over edge of bed, etc., likely to abate?