Aa
A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.2k Members

Worried i had a stroke

I have had a history of classic migraines for over 10 years now.  I will have them for a few years, they will stop and then start again in a few years. They are always on my left side. Over the last few months they have been in creasing in frequency and intesity. Last friday i had one that started normally, took my meds and a nap and when i awoke, it was all over my head and my photophobia was so intense my alarm clock caused searing pain.  Went to the er since my migraine was so different and was only givin a cocktail of meds.   they finally knocked me out but the migreaine was still there, and just as bad.  My migraine lastd for 5 days.  on the last day i went back to the er because i was having coordination problems, cognative problems, speaech problems (stuttering and slight slurring) and numbness on my left side.  Had a CT scan and was told it was ok...but wasn't able to get the actual report because the doc hd a major trama come in.  I was givin another cocktail of meds and was told i had a complex migraine.   My migraine is gone but i have intemittent numbness, can't seem to explain some thoughs clearly and still stutter some and my coordination is still off.  I was also called by a neurologist today that I dont remember leaving a message with.I made an appointment with the neorologist but its not for a month.  These symptoms scare me.  I am a single parent and cant just run back to the er....not that i have much faith in them right now.  I don't know what to do because this doesn't feel right.  
1 Responses
Hi lawgil27d

My advice is get to a neurologist quick, if you did have a TIA, or a mini stroke you need to find out.  And then do whatever your Dr. feels you should do to prevent a full-fledge stroke.  Because I'm also a single mother who's daughter has been living with her father for over 3 years, since my stroke.  Strokes Suck.  My stroke left me unable to use my left leg and arm.  I wish you luck.
and good health in the future.
Maureen
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease