Stroke Community

backslide

My husband's doctor says a stroke is not an illness--it is an event.  So one should get better or stay the same.   He was showing good signs of recovery from his Jan. 3 hemmoragic stroke but six weeks ago started a decline in cognitive functions that has continued till the present  Every day he seems more confused.  He has had all the scans and blood work done, several times.  Anyone else experienced this?
Hi there!

While prognosis may not be excellent with haemorrhagic stroke, your doctor is correct. Deterioration after initial progression could indicate another stroke/ mini stroke, issues with microcirculation or other neurological conditions. I would suggest considering a review with his treating neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!