Stroke Community

emotions after stroke from a complicated migraine

I had a mild stroke on Aug. 9, and was in the hospital 3 days...since that time I have had trouble with my emotions.  I am doing well and have recovered physically.  I feel like my memory isn't as sharp, but am dealing with it.  I sometimes forget what med. I have taken, that bothers me, but am trying to pay more attention to that.  I sometimes feel alone in this, nobody seems to understand quite how I feel. I feel my emotions are rollercoastering somedays.. It has been 4 mos. post-stroke, is this normal?
I had a mini stroke 11 months ago. Physically I recovered quickly. When I left the hospital I thought I would be fine. But I became consummed with "What If's?" and so had a panic attack. I received some counselling because I was dealing with alot of panic and anxiety, I was just 36 years old when this happened. The psychologist helped alot, and it was just 4 visits. She also suggested some good reading.
Although the counselling helped alot, it's 11 months later and I still think of it most days and still fear it could happen again. I have 1 child and would like another but it probably won't happen just because of my fear of it happening again.
I had a migraine 2 days before the mini stroke happened and every one since then really scares me although there seemed to be no real connection.
So, I would think that your emotions are very normal. It seems to be exactly what I've been dealing with. But, as with me, it should become somewhat easier to deal with.