Aa
A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.2k Members

emotions after stroke from a complicated migraine

I had a mild stroke on Aug. 9, and was in the hospital 3 days...since that time I have had trouble with my emotions.  I am doing well and have recovered physically.  I feel like my memory isn't as sharp, but am dealing with it.  I sometimes forget what med. I have taken, that bothers me, but am trying to pay more attention to that.  I sometimes feel alone in this, nobody seems to understand quite how I feel. I feel my emotions are rollercoastering somedays.. It has been 4 mos. post-stroke, is this normal?
1 Responses
I had a mini stroke 11 months ago. Physically I recovered quickly. When I left the hospital I thought I would be fine. But I became consummed with "What If's?" and so had a panic attack. I received some counselling because I was dealing with alot of panic and anxiety, I was just 36 years old when this happened. The psychologist helped alot, and it was just 4 visits. She also suggested some good reading.
Although the counselling helped alot, it's 11 months later and I still think of it most days and still fear it could happen again. I have 1 child and would like another but it probably won't happen just because of my fear of it happening again.
I had a migraine 2 days before the mini stroke happened and every one since then really scares me although there seemed to be no real connection.
So, I would think that your emotions are very normal. It seems to be exactly what I've been dealing with. But, as with me, it should become somewhat easier to deal with.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease