Stroke Community

is there any possibility of Hemorrhagic stroke recovery after 4 years

My father had Hemorrhagic stroke in Sept 2011. He was able to walk a little bit after 4-5 months with support or walker ... Since Dec 2014 he stopped walking and now totally on bed. He is not able to move himself at all. He needs help even to move to wheelchair.

Does anyone know that such recoveries can go backward. I mean, someone who was able to walk after the stroke can suddenly not able to move himself. We had his MRI and other test. Everything seems normal. Not sure what happen.

Just wondering if there is any treatment possible for this. He is not responding to physical therapy etc . Any help or comments will he appreciate.