Stroke Community

prognosis for stroke

My friend had a cranial angioplasty with a stent.  After the procedure she had a massive stroke o right side of brain.  One day later her brain begin to swell, they took her to surgey and had to remove the entire right skull.  She was sleep for 8 days on a vent.  now she has a tracheostomy and is breathing on her own.  Her eyes are open but not functioning.  Her left side is not functioning.  They said she had severe brain damage.  Today she was to go to a nursing home, but they did a EEG and saw she was havjng seizures.  The family is in denial and I can't really talk with them as a nurse.  My question is "What is her prognosis?"  Will she stay like this until she sucumb to infections?  She also have a PEG tube.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But it is difficult to predict the prognosis. With all the complications mentioned, it appears that her vitals are stable. With severe brain damage, she is likely to have residual effects. If she does not have any other co morbid conditions like diabetes, she will have a better prognosis. Her treating doctors will be able to guide you better as to her prognosis. Please discuss with them. Wish her luck. Regards.