A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.22k Members

stroke patient

Hi
My wife is a stroke patient that has suffered severe brain damage. I take care of her at our home with assistance from a full time nurse.  We have been home a little over a year after spending the first 6 in the hospital getting her stabilized enough to come home.  She is continually going through phases of behavioral changes and her latest change involves hitting the fingers on the hand that she can move. Do you have any suggestions on how to stop this behavior.
I'm afraid she going to break the skin cause severe bleeding due to being on blood thinners. She has also become very stubborn with this behavior.
Thank you,
Ronnie
1 Responses
What does the nurse say?  Maybe you can check with the local hospitals programs for stroke survivors and see if you can find assistance there.  I know there are alot of groups that meet in person and online. I don't know if you are on Facebook, but I know there is a stroke survivor Facebook group page where you would get alot of feed back I'm sure.  
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease