Stroke Community

stroke recovery

My mother had a major stroke on november 15, 2011. She has left sided paralysis and aphasic. Due to her lack of improvement her therapy had cut short it has been over 3months with no therapy. She has a gtube which had infected with heavy grow of mrsa. She was put on antibiotic for 15 days now it still look like it has drainage. For those of you whose been experience this type of stroke can you help me. I am afraid i may lose her. she is at home  improving very welll i am worried abt her since its been so long no words yet.
The therapy should continue. I started providing such therapy to a 99 year old woman with partial left sided-paralysis secondary to a stroke, and it disappeared after two years. She is now 108 years old. The MRSA infection is far more serious. I am up on this because I have one now. I picked mine up in a hospital, and the antibiotics are expensive and not too effective. Surgery was necessary to remove my infection. You need a consult with an infectious control specialist at a teaching hospital..Do this immediately.  Fifteen days of "antibiotic" will not cure an MRSA infection. Often a shunt (usually in the arm) has to be surgically emplaced and intravenous antibiotics administered for an extended period of time.
Thanks  to caregiver

She has an appointment with an infectious diseases next week i will suggest that she gets an iv antibiotic.