Hi there, this is the first time I have ever posted a question on this forum, and I hope I have done it in the right place!
Six weeks after my first son was delivered, I had a terrible pain in my neck combined with a loss of my left visual field, the hospital confirmed that I had a 5cm occipital bleed and classed it as a mini stroke.
I have undergone various tests over the past year and a half, and they cannot find a cause for the bleed, so are inclined to say it was the pregnancy.
I am currently pregnant with my second (and last!) child, I am taking 40mg clexane injections daily as a preventative measure, but as they cannot specify whether it was the actual labour or the peripartum period in which the bleed originally happened I am getting mixed messages as to what is the best road to take with regards to delivery? I do not know as yet whether they intend to do a c section, and I am very torn as to what the best route to take is, i do not want to have such a major operation as a c section if it is not necessary, my first birth was a home birth, 9 hours with no complications. I am finding it hard to decide what to do as I have so much conflicting information, has anyone else had a similar experience to this? It would be great to hear from others who have gone through similar or can shed some light on what the best road to take is?