Stroke Community

stroke victims

my father can not speak after a stroke he had 6yrs ago but he now is making funny noises and striking out at people does not want to eat or let any one help him he just wants to stay in bed wat is goin on can u help answer my questions
How is your father? What other symptoms are present? Complications of stroke may be temporary or permanent disabilities, depending on how long the brain suffers a lack of blood flow and which part was affected.  Aside from paralysis or loss of muscle movement and difficulty talking, other possible issues include memory loss or thinking difficulties, emotional problems and depression, pain and changes in behavior and self-care. If the symptoms persist, it is best that you have him see his attending physician for proper evaluation and to rule out complications mentioned above. Take care and do keep us posted.