Stroke Community

stroke w/short term memory loss

I;m 46 had 3 strokes in early april, very blessed I was left with Horners syndrome and short term memory loss. After 2 1/2 months my memory loss is getting worst instead of better. I also have Diabetes-controlled, had a gastric bypass and lost 80 lbs my weight is ideal now.  Still smoking a few cigarettes a day.  I don't understand why I am have more memory loss now?

Sorry to hear about your strokes :(

Please give up the ciggies.  The last thing your brain needs now is less oxygen because of them.  It may even be giving you ongoing ministrokes.

You've had a few warnings from the strokes, you may not get any more.

HTH

Sue
hi sue soz to hear about stroke go to docs and pester them about the memory loss i didnt and am suffering now i aint given me smokes up though phil
my mom is 42 and had   a strok last year and its bad my hole family has to take care of her and yes she still smokes its not good but i see what my mom is going throw and i still smoke . its hard to give it up. but i hope we all can one day . i do not what to be like my mom .
I had a minor stroke in my cerebellum eight weeks ago.  I still have very avid memory loss.  It is only short term but drives a gal crazy,  If I do not write it down...it does not get done.

Hope you get better soon