Stroke Community

stroke

what are the post stroke measures to be taken also having diabetes?
I am a diabetic (type 2) and already watch my weight and take Metformin but only became diabetic a year ago. Now this TIA stroke. I am not a health care professional. Hopefully we will have some others with more experience comment on this post. I am still recovering from it but everything I have read says I should have already recovered from it but after 5 days now, I'm just starting to get my balance back and strength in my left side, but it seems to come and go. I plan on walking to start exercising which is hard because two days before my "mini" stroke, I had run 5.5 miles. I play golf and hope I can get back to that and walk the course. All I can say is try to keep the weight off or set a goal of taking some weight off.