Stroke Community

when will he wake up

My brother aged 65 has had carotid artery surgery for a iscemic stroke.  During sergery he has had another stroke and now has pneumonia. He yawns, his feet jump when touched but apart from that there is no response at all he has been like this for 1 week. The doctors give no hope of a recovery and say he is very ill. What do you think, when will he wake

This discussion is related to brainsteam stroke.
Doctors had the same opinion on my dad, but if you read my thread, bilateral hemisphere infarction, you will see the updates. they are very slow but dad is waking up.

dont listen to doctors, pray for his health and give him exercises, physio therapy. dont give up hope...you will be happy with improvements everyday! it will be very slow and very mild, but there will be!!