turning blue

hlb
does anyone know if infants that die of sids turn blue?  i read somewhere that sids deaths do not turn blue, if they are blue than they died of asphixiation.  i really need to know  thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My son was gray when he was being held and we noticed that he had stopped breathing. I believe that when someone turns blue it is a sign that their blood has been deoxygenated for some time meaning that the oxygenated blood is completely gone which would happen after a period of time with no breathing. It is merely a sign of death.  
Helpful - 0
They actually turn an ashy grey color. I used to work in a NICU when they can't breath their lips can turn blue though.
Helpful - 0
babys that die of SIDS dont turn blue, i do believe they only change a bluish color is when they are dead for a while. when my niece passed away from SIDS, she was not blue.
Helpful - 0
My Daughter did not turn blue. When We realized she wasnt breathing she looked normal. no discoloration at all
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments