Swine Flu Community
155 Members

Does this sound like swine flu?

I have had what i thought was a cold for about a week now. For the first day i just had a sore itchy throat. Then for two days I felt horrible. I could barely breath, coughed and wheezed very hard. I felt all around crummy and slept a lot. I started being able to breath better and cough less. I didnt feel as badly, either. The problem is that it's been about 5 days since i thought i was getting better. Is getting over a cold generally last longer than the cold itself? I feel half as bad as i did for those two days, but I am still sick.
When I had it my cough lasted 5 weeks and my flu symptoms hits me on week 5. I evetually went on antiviral meds, and finally began to get better. I had a persistent cough and flu symtoms when I was diagnosed with it.
Swine Flu Community
155 Members
190 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.