A
A
Close
TTC Over 40 Community
427 Members
1489999 tn?1337802375

New to the board ttc our 1st

Hello ladies
I'm new to the boards, and been ttc since Aug 09. I met my DH later in life. I got pregnant twice unfortunately i had a mc. I found a good RE and he is currently running some tests on me for blood clots, progesterone and next week will have HSG and SA for my husband.

I will be doing acupuncture maybe twice a month. Once we get the results back the doc will give us treatment options. I am thinking IUI.

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/99803.php
18 Responses
961574 tn?1520651703
Good Luck!  Let us know what the RE says : )
1489999 tn?1337802375
mhv have you tried acupuncture?
1217293 tn?1467357944
I also met my DH later in life, got married at 38.  Been trying for two years, since our first year of marriage I was thinking it would happen without trying. I started weekly acupuncture in August.  Getting better results, but have not been pregnant yet.

Good luck with your new RE,
Risa
961574 tn?1520651703
I meet my DH late in life too.  Got married at 35.. didn't really start trying until 37, and didn't seek fertility until almost 42.
I did accupunture my last FET transfer (I had embryo issues and it didn't work) but I highly recommend it!  Find someone who deals with fertility though.  I went to a person that didn't the first 1/2 of my cycle, and I didn't really see a change, I switched 1/2 way through to a lady to really concentrates on fertility, and after 2 visits, I saw a big jump in my lining # and I really felt she helped alot more preparing my body for the transfer.  

hugs,
M
1489999 tn?1337802375
Hi Risa, mhv
We sure have things in common meeting our DH later in life. Now we will all conquer this journey together. Some people swear by wheat-grass i have never tried it. Today my DH had SA done and i am going Thursday to have HSG done. I am very nervous about it.
961574 tn?1520651703
The HSG is a piece of cake : )  Just take around 600mg of ibuprophen because it can be a little painful.  It's just to make sure your tubes are open and that your uterus doesn't have scarring.    It will be over before you know it! And you get to see the results as they do the test.  
Let us know how the SA goes... it's sounds like your well on your way : )
1489999 tn?1337802375
Hi mhv, thank you  for the information. I do have 600mg of ibuprofen i will take it an hr before i go. I will all let you know tomorrow.
1217293 tn?1467357944
Hi,
I agree with mhv, it is not that bad at all, just a little cramping and it is all done fast.  Good luck!

I do take wheatgrass daily to help my fsh which is a little high.  I tried fertility drugs, but they only made me gain weight and the results didn't get me one pregnancy. I am now at a point where I getting go results prior to ovulation and just need to conceive.  

Let us know how your HSG goes!
Risa
1489999 tn?1337802375
Hi Risa and mhv
AFM: I had endometrium biopsy today. It was little cramp. Doc also gave me my other results. All mine were normal no clotting issues I was hoping for something so that we can i guess FIX it. My prog was 9.58 and was not concerned about it. My husband's results everything was good excerpt morphology was not good.It was 1 and should be greater than 14. So they will run more test on him. I don't know how i will break the news to him. They will  check his testosterone, tsh etc.  Kinda not surprised about the results because he takes kids vitamins gummy bear. Don't know if this contributes to everything. I am getting nervous about the results.
1217293 tn?1467357944
Hi,
I don't know much about men's results, but I am sure other women on the list do.  There is fertilaid for men, so you should read about it.  Take it one day at a time and hopefully things will be okay!
Risa
I wanted to talk you about natural help for your DH...Risa turned me on to tribulus and is supposed to a help for sperm.. I did a lot of reading and helps with testosterone and mobility and numbers and strength of the sperm...
1489999 tn?1337802375
Thank you RavenT. So did tribulus help your husband?  htHe is taking some vit i bought at GNC. I will know next week if it is helping.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.