A
A
Close
Tea Time Cafe Community
17 Members
662085 tn?1331349160

Rorschach Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test ----- for info

I always found it interesting and kinda want to be tested with it.

Do you?

What do you think about the inkblot test?

I kinda think it goes in the same respect of you hearing a sound of something and it sounds like something else after awhile. Our minds try to make sense of it one way or another.  How much could such a test tell about us?
12 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
what is it ? what does it test. I will try to find the site to look see...
662085 tn?1331349160
i put a link in to wiki that talks about it a little.

It's a test were your shown a card with a ink blot( random ink design looking like a stain) on it. They take in account how you react and what you say you see. Also any other comments you say.  
535822 tn?1443980380
oho tht sounds interesting maybe I will take a look ,it sounds challenging ...
653169 tn?1303449969
I think the ink blot test would be interesting, but I don't think Doctors should give a diagnoses based on them.  It is just one tool of many that can be used to get a sense of how a person is thinking at the time of test.  I bet many people could take the test one day and say they saw positive images if they were in a good mood, then, later in a more negative mood those designs may look like something totally different to the person.  Esp. bipolar people.

It would be cool to make your own ink blots and try them out and friends and family.
662085 tn?1331349160
hmm that would be interesting. I dont know if making your own would work you would need to know the full science behind them. IS the ink patteren inmoportant at all does it need to be symetrical

I do agree you would need more then just some reaction but it would be interesting none the less
With these tests what kind of results are they looking for? Or what are they testing for I should say...
For instance what Shanna said seems true where maybe one day its a positive image and the next day might not see it that way. Who gets these tests? If a person says they are going through depression and they had a visit with a Psychiatrist,,,would the doc do one of these tests?...

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.