Tea Time Cafe Community
17 Members

Rorschach Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test ----- for info

I always found it interesting and kinda want to be tested with it.

Do you?

What do you think about the inkblot test?

I kinda think it goes in the same respect of you hearing a sound of something and it sounds like something else after awhile. Our minds try to make sense of it one way or another.  How much could such a test tell about us?
what is it ? what does it test. I will try to find the site to look see...
i put a link in to wiki that talks about it a little.

It's a test were your shown a card with a ink blot( random ink design looking like a stain) on it. They take in account how you react and what you say you see. Also any other comments you say.  
oho tht sounds interesting maybe I will take a look ,it sounds challenging ...
I think the ink blot test would be interesting, but I don't think Doctors should give a diagnoses based on them.  It is just one tool of many that can be used to get a sense of how a person is thinking at the time of test.  I bet many people could take the test one day and say they saw positive images if they were in a good mood, then, later in a more negative mood those designs may look like something totally different to the person.  Esp. bipolar people.

It would be cool to make your own ink blots and try them out and friends and family.
hmm that would be interesting. I dont know if making your own would work you would need to know the full science behind them. IS the ink patteren inmoportant at all does it need to be symetrical

I do agree you would need more then just some reaction but it would be interesting none the less
With these tests what kind of results are they looking for? Or what are they testing for I should say...
For instance what Shanna said seems true where maybe one day its a positive image and the next day might not see it that way. Who gets these tests? If a person says they are going through depression and they had a visit with a Psychiatrist,,,would the doc do one of these tests?...

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.