Teen Anxiety Community
39 Members

Do I need help?

I'm a 15 year old female, and I have been having anxiety symptoms most of my life. When I was younger I clearly had separation anxiety until about age 7, and also I was legitimately terrified of swimming (genetics, runs in the family.) At age 8 I experienced my first panic attack with no indentifiable triggers, and it was one of the WORST feelings ever. I continue to routinely experience attacks, one every several of months at my best, a couple every month at my worst, and they usually happen in open spaces with lots of people. My mom is the only one that knows, and I waited a long time to tell her. I have also taken online social anxiety tests and ended up with moderate social anxiety results. I am not myself groups of people, and worry that my friends don't know who I really am. I have never been to a doctor or therapist for my symptoms. Do I need help?
Also public speaking is awful and I haven't been sleeping well recently due to worrying about school/hard classes/having an anxiety attack at school.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.