Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Anxiety Community
39 Members

should i get checked out?

I used to get severe anxiety attacks, but haven't in a very long time.  now, i am completely unable to be inside my house or car alone at night/in the dark.  even when someone is here, i get very anxious and scared about entering a room without lights on, and i have a hard time falling asleep at night even with my boyfriend next to me because the lights are all off.  i do not know what i am scared of, i just can't do it. when i am home alone, i need to have every light on in every room or else i need to leave.  i'm okay in the dark if i am outside, but if i'm inside a house or a car or anything like that, i get really scared.  i am also scared to shower, for some reason.  if someone is home, i'll be less scared, but even still, i usually need to shower without the curtain closed as i am too anxious.  it never used to be like this, though, and it's getting progressively worse.  should i see someone about what's happening?
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.