Teen Depression Community

Am I depressed?

I'm a 14 year old girl with a fairly normal life. Nothing too bad has happened besides stress about school and a couple deaths of loved ones. However. recently I noticed myself dissociating in the middle of class, being constantly tired and extremely slow, (seemingly) never hungry, and just not really feeling how I used to feel about things I really loved or got excited about. (Not to mention the excessive crying which i chalked up as teen hormones..)
I've spent hours looking up stuff about depression and people's stories about having depression and a lot of them actually sound like my situation. The only thing is: I don't know why I would be depressed. And because I don't really have a reason i'm not sure if it's actually depression.
Teen Depression Community
1.36k Questions
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.