Teen Health Community

Breast lump, scared

Hi, I'm 18 years old and will be 19 this month. I was checking over my breasts and I found what feels like a lump in my right breast. It's at the bottom below my nipple my breasts are pretty lumpy but this feels kind of different to me. It's about the size of a marble and it doesn't hurt, but it scares me. I don't know what to do. Should I see a doctor for it? I don't want to look stupid if it's nothing, please help!
Never feel stupid about getting something like this checked out, and you should. Breast tissue changes during the month and that's normal. It's most likely nothing but do see your Dr to be checked.
Thank you. You really made me feel better. I've scheduled an appointment to get it checked out.
I'm so glad you have an appointment. It is most likely nothing to worry about at all because like I said, the breasts change during the month. It's always best to get things checked out though. Please let me know if you have a chance, how things go at the Dr.
I went to my doctor and she had me get an ultrasound. I'm so relieved because it only showed fibrocystic changes, and my doctor says I don't have to worry at all.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?