Teen Health Community

Do I have mono?

About three days ago I started noticing a sore in my mouth and I didn't really think anything of it because I thought maybe I just cut it off a chip or something but then it progressively got worse. My throat has been hurting so bad all weekend and then last night I noticed this pretty large bump underneath my jaw bone a little above my neck.. I don't know what this is and I really need to get it figured out. I'm not the best at going to the doctors even though I'm 15 now, but I really need to figure out what it is because I'm a cheerleader and we have competition in about a month and I don't want to miss anything if I do have mono. Please help!!
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?