Teen Health Community

Knowing whats wrong with me

I have been having abdominal pain in the lower left side for 3 days now. Im not sure whats wrong. It hurts to walk, flex, cough, ect. Tomorrow i am going to a doctor but I don't feel like they are going to help much. its in on specific spot if touched it hurts. What could be wrong?
Pain and discomfort on the lower left side of abdomen just below and to the left of navel can be due to several causes such as Crohn’s disease, colitis, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, adhesions, polycystic ovary in females, IBS, constipation, and an abscess in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle. Since you do not have a lump or a tender hot spot, in all probability it is not a muscle. It could also be a periumbilical hernia that has got trapped resulting in small bowel obstruction or mesenteric ischemia. There is a possibility that there is a stone in the urinary system. This also causes pain that can be felt in groin and hip area.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?