Teen Health Community

Medical Cannabis

I am a 17 yr old male. I routinely experience nausea (I think it is possibly stress related). This is accompanied by headaches and stomaches and a great loss in appetite. It seems to happen around 2-3 times a year and has happened every year since 8th grade (I am now a senior in highschool). It puts me in great discomfort and I end up missing school and have trouble catching up. I have visited doctors for this a few times and they generally tell me to rest and take tylenol or ibuprofen. I would like to explore the possibility of using cannabis to treat this. I have done some research online and think this could possibly be the right choice. I think my parents would discourage me and I do not feel comfortable discussing this with them. I am turning 18 in a month and now that I am going to be an adult I think that I could talk to a doctor about this on my own. I am not sure how to approach the doctor and I feel very nervous about possibly talking to a doctor about this. I don't know how to approach this subject, should I discuss my limited experiences with cannabis (I have only smoked twice, with a friend) or not. I really think this could be the right decision but I don't know how to go about it. I would greatly appreciate any advice. (FYI: I am a senior in highschool, I live in michigan, turning 18 in a month which is when I plan to talk to a doctor about this).
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?