Teen Health Community

Pain from shoulder down to palm. Help

After doing a serious shoulder day workout, my right shoulder feels like a headache except in my shoulder. Then when I try to get out of bed stabilizing my weight on that hand, it feels terrible. Almost like pulling a muscle, but I can feel the pain from my shoulder down to my palm. Please help. I'm 16 btw(bodybuilding and powerlifting).
It sounds like you have strained your shoulder. You will need to take a break from lifting weights/working out with that arm to give it time to heal. Make sure to stretch that arm carefully to prevent it from getting really tight/locked. If it does not get better in a couple weeks or gets worse, then make a doctor's appointment to find out what is going on.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?