Teen Health Community

Periods

I'm 17 years old and I have been on my period for 2 and a half months and it's been abnormally heavy. In the past two days it got extremely bad. I am bleeding through two super plus tampons in only 1.5 hours and I'm getting dizzy, shaky, and extremely tired. What do I do?
You need to see an OBGYN.  If you have insurance, call the 800 number and get a referral in your Insurance Plan.  If you don't have insurance, there are free/cheap clinics (planned parenthood) with great OBGYNs.   Most likely you are dizzy because of the blood loss, anemia comes to mind.  Don't wait, your health is the most important.  
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?