Teen Health Community

Random presyncope after standing.

Hi. New to the forums, but this occurrence has been bothering me. This morning, in ROTC, (I'm a 15 year old male, by the way), we were standing at attention for just 20-25 minutes while the instructor was checking uniforms. I began feeling nauseous for about 15 minutes, but didn't think anything of it. Then, suddenly, my face felt hot and my vision grayed out to nothing and I couldn't hear more than a soft muffle. I was still fully aware of my position, however, and was able to crouch were I was. After a minute, my sight and hearing slowly came back, and I was able to get water. This has never happened to me before, and my friends are telling me it was because I was standing with my knees locked, which I think I was. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?