Teen Health Community

Small red spots on finger joints?

I've had this tiny red spot on my left index finger joint since I can remember. It has never gone away. and recently, i've just noticed another small red spot on the joint of my right thumb that hurts when i put pressure on it and rub it.

could anyone tell me what this means? im 14 and have been playing piano since i was 4 and guitar since I was 12 1/2 if it helps with  an explanation.
Hi!
The spots can be calluses due to your fingers or thumbs hitting the piano button or guitar strings. You can avoid this injury by wearing thimbles for guitar and maybe gloves while playing piano.

The red spots could be tiny bruises. Deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K could be the cause. The other possibility is petechiae, which are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They can result from autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, bone marrow disorders such as leukemia, inflammation of the veins, as a side effect of certain medications like birth control pills. Please discuss this with your doctor and show him the rash. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.
Take care!
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?