Sore Tongue

i have these white lumps under my tongue and they r quite sore i dont know what they are i had them before but thye were ontop of my tongue and they went away but now i have some under my tongue
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
could be thrush, which is very common.  Thrush is basically yeast overgrowth, and people get it from many things including antibiotics, birth control pills, foods, etc... Yeast thrives on sugar, so try "laying low" on the sweets for now.  You should definitely have a doctor check it out. If it is thrush, your doctor will give you an anti-fungal to take for a few days, and voila!  A magic trick! Turning a white tongue pink again!
Just for the record, if it isn't thrush, I get a "pass" for trying. But it really does sound like it, thrush can be very uncomfortable...
Helpful - 0
As DJ_Kleen said, it may be thrush, which is easily treatable, along with some other possibilities, but that is for a doctor to determine. Make a doctor's appointment and then you can go from there.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Teen Health Community

We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?