Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Health Community
2.85k Members

armpit lump

help me, i have a hard lump under the skin of my right armpit, you can put your fingers around the lump, i am currently on my period, what could this lump be?
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
A lump in armpit can be a swollen lymphnode, in response to fungal infection or sweat dermatitis or infection of hair follicles. It can also be an enlarged lymphnode due to malignancy of breast (rare in males but not impossible). At times it is a cyst too and this can get infected. Lipoma is also a possibility. Consult your PCP for an evaluation. A CT scan can be confirmatory or a fine needle biopsy. Treatment can vary from wait and watch to anti-inflammatory along with antibiotics to excision of the lump. Check for diabetes too as high sugar often results in repeated infection and boils. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?