Teen Health Community
2.86k Members
Avatar universal

hard lump in pubic bone area

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but here it goes,
Here's some background info:
I just turned 15, I have been though many heart tests because my heart goes at an average of 125 resting.  I had mono when they found that problem and it persists, but I have not gone back to the doctor because they can't find anything wrong.  I get tired very easily when standing for more than a few minutes. I am not sexually active. I experience stomach discomfort often (nausea, diarrhea).
So yesterday  was in the shower and I noticed a slightly visible hard lump on the right side of my pubic area, right next to where hair grows.  It is not painful and I don't think it has gotten any bigger.  It is a little less big than a nickel and a little bigger than a dime.  I am scared to tell my mom and go to the doctor, and I don't think I will for another month to see if it goes away.  Any answers?  I'm scared it could be something serious.
1 Responses
203342 tn?1328737207
It sounds like a cyst to me. If it grows or changes then you can have the doctor remove it. Most cysts are harmless and will go down on their own. It could also be a swollen lymph node since Mono can cause that. Mono can take a long time to leave the body, too, and will leave you tired for a long time. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and good nutrition.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?