A
A
A
Close
Teen Health Community
2.85k Members
999062 tn?1250043156

hard lump under/behind my ear?

I've had this lump for about 3 years, and it's slowly gotten bigger. I've had it looked at by one or 2 doctors and they haven't officially decided what it is. It's about the size of a cherry and it's actually about right here: http://i25.tinypic.com/25j8ro1.jpg where the red circle is. It causes a lot of headaches for me and my doctor just gave me something for the pain but lately my neck and shoulder have been really stiff on that side. I can't turn my head as far to that side and I can't lift the arm on that side as high as the other either. It's really weird, anyone have any ideas? I'm supposed to be getting an MRI but I'm waiting on my mom to schedule it and I'm afraid of asking a doctor for a biopsy because I don't want to sound stupid or paranoid. :(

btw, I'm 17, anemic, and as far as I know have no major health issues.
1 Responses
203342 tn?1328740807
The MRI should show a lot. It's hard to say right now. My daughter has a lump behind her ear that has slowly grown too lately and has gotten harder. She doesn't have the headaches though. We just got referred to a dermatologist to have it taken out. The doctor said it was just a benign cyst and fairly common. I'm not sure if that's what you've got or not but I'd guess it is. I hope you find out soon so you won't worry! Take care.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?