Teen Health Community

in need of help PLEASEEEE!!!!!!

ive had an knee op 6 weeks ago on my meniscus catliadge how long should the swelling take to go down??? its a big ball and everytime i lift it straight it makes a crack sound and the really starts to hurt... please help me
You need to discuss this with the surgeon who did this for you. Call him or her up and ask about the swelling. You may have swelling and warmth about the knee persistently for 6 weeks after surgery. This will gradually decrease, but it may take 6 months to a year for the swelling to resolve completely. It just depends on how easy or complicated the operation went, how your body reacted to it, and so on. There are a lot of factors, but it is always best to discuss any concerns you have with your doctor to make sure everything is going well.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?