Teen Health Community

intuniv, trileptal, celexa weight gain

Well here it is im 15 years old and i weigh around 160lbs 5'8. Right now im on intuniv and trileptal and recently came off celexa after being on it for 2 years i felt like it did not do much anymore. I have beens struggling with adhd (not realy), depression. I have switched and been on alot of medications including the first one adderall which i gained weight on. After being chubbie and coming off i became normal reasonable weight and was happy. And no all of a sudden im 160lbs. An ideal weight was 146 but it just came on. Im not sure if its weight gain from the medicine or not? So i guess the real question is are these drugs known to cause weight gain or weight loss? And if i where to come off everything will i return to my normal weight?
I am weening myself off of celexa as we speak. I think it has given me health problems and made me gain 30lbs in a few months. if i were you, i would take yourself off of it if you and your dr feel you dont need it.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?