weird spots on legs?

ok so i'm a 15 year old lad and like most teenage lads nowdays, i masturbate, alot. Whether masturbation has got anything to do with what my post is about i don't know, but it's worth mentioning about it incase. About 5 months ago, i started to go on the sunbeds, only 6 minutes a day for about once or twice a week, however i only done this for about a month or two. I started to get little red spots on the back of my legs and wondered what they were, whether they was a cause of going on the sunbeds, i lost some hair around the spots too but it grew back sooner or later. i still have these little red spots on the back of my leg, however theyre more of a purpley colour now and im worried on what they are, i also have begun to get spots on my thighs, these spots contain pus like they would in spots on your face, however when i try to pop them to get the pus out, it hurts, not a stinging pain, and actual pain. im getting more and more of these on my legs and a few have appeared on my chest, im really worried about what these are, i told one of my friends and he said it could either be meningitus or chlymidia? ive never heard that it could be chlymidia, however he laughed when he said it so im unsure whether he was joking or not? i have had sexual contact before and i go on holiday in 13 days of where i will be wearing shorts, i don't want to wear them if my legs are going to look aweful! please help, asap!
xx
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your best bet would be to go to stop the tanning beds - you could be very sensitive to the UV light.  It could be some form of non-melanoma or melanoma or they could just be blood spots....  I'm not sure how long it will take for the spots to go away, but I'm guessing that the sooner you stop the tanning bed the sooner they will start to disappear.  Please stop using the tanning beds and talk to a doctor.

Ignore your friend.... also, masturbating doesn't have anything to do with the spots on your body.

Helpful - 0
it sounds like you may have Scabies, which is ectoparasite skin infection.  Scabies burrow into the supersticial layers of skin and cause a rash and most times seondary infections.  The can be characterized as purpleish or red rash-like.  They are itchy and can cause pain.  

Scabies are contagious and it ispossible that you contracted them from the tanning beds/ sun beds, if someone who was in the bed before you had them, and the bed was not cleaned properly.  scabies can spread on your body.  if you touch or scratch your infection and then touch some other part of your body, you run the risk of scabies developing in that new location.  

I forget what the treatment is for scabies.  I'm sure you can google it.  As far as i can remember it involes a topical cream that is similar to that which is used to kill lice infestation.  

Helpful - 0
thanks for your help.
im worried now that it sounds like scabies, can this be treated?
can it be treated within the next 12 days? before i go on holiday?
is it a bad infection? can it cause any unwanted problems?
xx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Teen Health Community

We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?