Teen Mental Health Issues Community

Can't ignore myself anymore

What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to feel? What am I supposed to say? Who am I supposed to be? Who am I? All these questions keep popping up in my head and I hate it that I don't know any of the answers!

My whole life, at this moment, is a mess. A chaos. A huge mountain of chaos. It's just too much for me to deal with. Too much for me to face. So I ignored it (didn't know it was possible, but I ignored myself). But I can't anymore, I can't ignore it anymore. I used to sport, to skip meals, to binge-eat and make myself throw up and to harm myself to just forget what was going on in my life, to just numb my feelings, to forget the chaos. I lost my interest in the sports I used to love, I never have enough energy anyway. I'm trying to leave the eating disorder stuff behind (have been trying for 2,5 years) and friends convinced me to stop with self harm 8 months ago, which I did. At least, I thought so. Till last week. A few little cuts to deal with the stress from an art project for school. Right now I'm in the middle of my school exams, more stress. Next week I've got a huge paper due, and I'm not even slightly close to finishing it. Another portion of pressure and stress to add to the pile. A pile that's starting to sufficate me, to drown me. A pile too big and too heavy. I kinda hit rock bottom yesterday, at least it feels like I did. I started cutting again. And I didn't stop where I used to stop. I went on, even when it was hurting like hell. I could forget for one moment, I could stop thinking for a few seconds. Just listening to the loud music from my headphone and cutting.When I stopped, I cleaned up and had to use a bandage to stop the bleeding. I sat on my bed and it hit me. It hit me like a rock. The reality, the life I was living, the life I wasn't living. The fear, the guilt, the loneliness, the hate, the weakness, the stupidness. The dirty and painful reality. I broke, I shattered in thousands of pieces and I couldn't stp crying. I felt so alone, so hurt, so much in need of a hug. But hey, I was sitting there, on my bed, at 2h30 in the morning, everyone asleep, except from me. So I cried myself asleep.

This morning I wanted to tell my dad, I wanted him to hug me, like only fathers can do. But I was a stupid coward. I kept my mouth shut and went to school, some moments crying while riding my bike. I have no idea how, but my Dutch Literature exam about poetry went quite well. Afterwards I reported sick and went home.. tomorrow is a new day with a new mountain of fears to conquer an exams to make.. I read a few pages in my old diary, from the time I was suffering from anorexia, and the last line was: Will it ever get better?! That was about 3 years ago, I'm not anorexic of bulimic anymore, but I'm suffering from a depression and selfharm. That's the reality that I can't ignore anymore. The reality I have to face. But how the hell am I gonna get out of this mess??? How am I gonna survive this any longer???
Hi friend. Does your school have a councilor or a pastor at a church?
There are free support groups thru NAMI also online.
  I think your friends helped before. You need someone more.
  Do your folks have ins? You could go to a regular doctor & be referred to a specialist.    You need medication if you have a chemical imbalance in your brain. Then you'll feel right. You'll be happy. Everyday events you can cope with ease.  Your a beautiful person. Keep posting your progress. With love & respect. Maxy
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back