Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community

17 weeks pregnant with severe lower back pain

Im 17 weeks pregnant and i weight about 125-130lbs when i first got pregnant so i was tiny dont have much hips or butt but now i am having bad lower back pain on my right side when i walk or go to get up or sit i feel it its sharp pain that brings tears to my eyes a friend of mine told me its probably my hips and back growing apart and getting ready and streaching for the birth of the baby is that what it is or could it be something more please help me
Hi!
Well yes, pregnancy hormones do make your joints, muscles and lower body relax to accommodate the growing baby and prepare for its delivery. This can cause a persistent low back ache, which can worsen if you sit , stand or lie down in a particular position for too long. A backward tilted or retroverted uterus can put pressure on your spine and hips and cause a lot of pain. It can also be due to threatened abortion, pelvic inflammatory disease, constipation and gas. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!