Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
4.06k Members

Am I possibly pregnant?

So, I am only 17 years old. I had an unprotected sex while I'm on my period with my boyfriend. Then after 2 weeks, I had this dark brown thingy down there for a day which freaks me out and then later it turned to red looking like i'm on my period. If it's a period, why did I get it so early? I read somewhere else that it could be cleaning out and it's just an old blood. Also I heard about the ovulation thing. I am not sure. I am really worried that what if I am pregnant? I don't know who else to ask. I'm scared.
1 Responses
I'm sorry to just be getting to your question.
Yes, you could be pregnant. Not all women ovulate in the middle of their cycles. The only way to know for sure when you ovulate is to use and ovulation kit for several months. Some women do ovulate right before, during or right after their periods. My sister got pregnant with both of her children the 3rd and 4 day of her period. Her Dr figured that out because of her due dates and it was the only time of the month she did not use condoms because she thought it was her safe time.
You should be able to take a pregnancy test in another week and it should be accurate. If you've started your period then you're not pregnant. Although, some women will get some bleeding the first couple of months but this is a little rare.
If you're scared about an unplanned pregnancy I recommend getting on birth control or using condoms every single time. Look up women's clinics in your area. They will give you condoms for free any time you need them and you can also talk to them about getting on another form of birth control. If you have no income the birth control is usually always free. It's such an easy thing to do. Taking care of a baby is the hardest thing any woman will ever do in their lives so please get to the clinic because if you keep having unprotected sex you will most likely end up pregnant.
Keep me up to date on how you're doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
st. louis, MO
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.