Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
4.05k Members

I'm super confused! help!

So I'm super confused...So I had unprotected sex (we used the withdrawal method...stupid) on Dec. 11 and I was on my second to last day of my period. I was on birth control for 13 days prior and I took the morning after pill less than 24 hours later and I took the second pill 13 hours after the first. About 5 days later I had some brown discharge for two days then the next day I had super heavy bleeding with clots. This continued for three days with the bleeding lessening each day. After three days it just stopped completely. So is this from the morning after pill, implantation bleeding or was it super early miscarriage?? I also took a bunch of vitamin c so could that have just caused me to have a normal period?
1 Responses
552767 tn?1262188176
I don't believe that anyone on the internet can determine exactly the cause, you would have to see a doctor to be sure. I'm not very clear on when and how long you were on birth control? Birth Control Pills require the person to take the pill for 21 days and then stop for seven days (during which time, there is a breakthrough bleed, not a period) before continuing the cycle again. Is there a reason, you were on birth control for 13 days? I don't believe you were ever pregnant from what you say here. You took the morning after pill less than 24 hours after and you had been on birth control. Conception may not even have occurred after 5 days, it would have been too soon for you to even tell if you were pregnant. Personally, from the information you have given I think it is probably just a side effect from not taking birth control pills the way you are supposed to. But I am not a doctor, that is just a guess.
Also, I know that birth control can be a pain to remember etc. but if you miss one or more there is a 7 day rule. i.e. Do not have unprotected sex (i.e. without a condom) until you have been taking the birth control properly for seven days.
Best wishes.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
st. louis, MO
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.