On birthcontrol BUT

I've been on the birthcontrol seasonique but I stopped taking my pills to have my period...its been 5 days....and nothin yet..no bleeding or cramping or anything...what do i do
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hmmm, maybe wait a bit longer.  Sometimes it takes awhile for your body to regulate off the pill.  I am not sure how seasonique really works, I have heard it is just like taking the pill, but with out the sugar pills.  It could be at a little higher dose to prevent breakthru bleeding.   I suggest waiting up to a month, to see.  If nothing, then go see an gyn and maybe get your hormones looked at.
Helpful - 0
You could take a home pregnancy test to be sure.  It might just take a while to get it with this type of birth control.  But if you are worried you can just take a test and find out.
Helpful - 0
It can take months for your body to regulate after being on the pill.

Give it some time.
Helpful - 0
well...usually i bleed withing 36 hours..its been that way for months...even when i missed a pill or two i bled
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community