seasonique?

Can you get pregnant on seasonique? the doc told me it keeps my body from producing an egg and gives me a false period......
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You can get pregnant on any BC. Nothing is 100%. The important thing to remember is to take it PERFECTLY. This means you need to take it at the exact same time, once a day, everyday. You also need to make sure you also use condoms for the first month while it becomes effective in your body. The time for all these varies, but it's better to be safe than sorry and the few seconds it takes to use a condom are well worth it if it helps to prevent having a baby before you're ready.
Helpful - 0
well ive been taking it for 3 years now b/c of a cyst i had to have removed i have a lot of problems with that sort of thing so i am almost religious about taking it at the same time every morning. Thank you for helping Ive read a lot of ur comments on other peoples questions and you seem to know a lot about this. My boyfriend worries i may have another bad cyst but i cant remember the symptoms of it because i had thee last one when i was 13 could this be the reason i feel so weird right now and my period is off?
Helpful - 0
oh and the doctor says i have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome and the one i had before was the size of a grapefruit.
Helpful - 0
Hmm.. PCOS in itself would usually cause you to not ovulate and/or not have a period. I think it's something like only 25% of women with PCOS menstruate on their own. Is your doctor only saying this because you have cysts, or did they do additional testing? To diagnose it you would need to have ultrasounds, blood work to check your hormonal levels and such, as well as medical history and such done as well. There's no one test to check for it.

Most cysts don't cause problems, but bigger ones can or a bunch of em can. I've had to take my mom to the ER a couple of times because she has bad ones. The main ones are irregular period, abdominal pain, pain during sex, spotting/bleeding, and cramping.
Helpful - 0
My doctor generally orders an ultrasound anytime im having trouble so Ive had 3 or 4 and they do blood tests yearly for me because ive had such a bad history. I think this may be a problem because many of the symptoms fit (almost all of them). Ive had to have Rx pain meds for the pain and cramping before thats another reason why im on this particular BC the fewer periods the less pain I have to go through. Thank you for your help!
Helpful - 0
I've gotten pregnant on Seasonique, Nuva Ring, and an IUD (had that for over a year). I made sure to take the pills daily at the same time, changed the ring like instructed, and used protection for 2 months just to make sure the pills were in my system. I was on each type of birth control for a year or more before getting pregnant. My doctor told me that birth control has an adverse effect on me. After the child we're expecting, he is getting a vasectomy and I'm getting my tubes tied. Hopefully this one is a boy because we have all girls.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community