Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
933 Members

Be Careful of Internet TMJ "Cures"

Hi folks,
     I was diagnosed with Arthritic TMJ Dysfunction six years ago. After nine surgeries trying to repair the damage and restore the function, I had my entire left jaw replaced four years ago. That restored function but there will always be chronic pain.  This is my advice to you, from someone who learned a lot as I went along. Do *not* believe all these internet "cures" and "treatments" that you will find if you do a TMJ search. For every TMJ patient looking for answers and relief, there seems to be three sites or "experts" out there who make false promises and are more than willing to take the money of the suffering.
My best resource for information, research, and support has always been TMJHope.org.  They are not in it for money.  Stacy, the founder of the site, had both jaws replaced and has been where we are.  She even emailed and called me throughout my surgeries to offer support.  
Buyer...and patient...beware! Don't allow yourself to be scammed.